So you want to pull a fan pages posts into an RSS reader so you can keep up to date on everything they put out? Don’t worry I’ve got you covered. In today’s video I show you I show you how you can take any Facebook Fan Page and pull their content into an RSS reader.
The step-by-step instructions:
1. Go to the fan page:
2. Copy the name of the fan page in the URL.
you’d copy :: marketersbraintrust
3. Find the page’s ID
– Use this link :: https://graph.facebook.com/PAGENAMEHERE
– Replace “PAGENAMEHERE” with the name of the page from the URL (in step 2)
– You’ll see a page like this. Make sure you grab the ID number.
In this case it’s :: 295078595106
4. Take the ID number from step 3 and place it in this URL where it says “PAGEIDHERE”
So if we were doing that in the example we’d have:
5. Place the URL in the browser to make sure it works.
You should see a page like this:
6. Take the URL from step 4 and place it into feedly:
– Feedly should pull up all the recent posts from that FaceBook page. Make sure to hit the +Feedly button:
7. Name the feed whatever you want and click “add”
That’s all there is to it. You’ve now created an RSS feed out of the Facebook fan page you wanted to follow.
If you use Yahoo Pipes you can go ahead and aggregate multiple RSS feeds from various fan pages all into one feed in feedly. We’ll cover Yahoo pipes, and all it’s awesomeness, at a later date.
Please leave any comments, questions, or ideas in the comment section below.