You’re in luck. When it comes to SEO, you can!
Here at the BrainTrust, we do something called ‘Action Teams’. During a recent ‘Google Analytics Action Team’, a member mentioned a tool that he uses to export data into excel for easier manipulation. We invited the tool developer in for a very interesting demo (see step-by-step video below).
Tool Name: SEO Tools For Excel
Primary Purpose: An add-on with several useful functions for working with SEO and other web metrics directly in Excel.
Price: Free (accepts donations)
Developer: Neils Bosma
Perfect For Whom?: “There’s something for everyone”, as Neils says.
Ease of Use? Medium. It’s easy to learn one piece at a time, and Neils has an active forum where he and others provide support.
Important Caveat: It’s ‘Windows only’ at this point in time.
Just start with the bits you need, become familiar with it, and work your way up from there.
Here’s what it can do:
- Onpage analysis and debugging
- Works with your MajesticSEO or SEOlytics account
- Get any data out of Google Analytics
- Create your own SEO scorecard/report
- Monitor and analyze back links
- Scrape any website or web service and get data directly into Excel using regular expressions or XPATH
- Domain research
- String templating
- Monitor social media efforts
- Avoid duplicate content when writing texts
Use this free tool for one, some, or all of these, depending on your needs and skill level with Excel. It’s well worth checking out.
Title: Tool Review: SEO Tools For Excel
Date: January 7, 2013
Author: Niels Bosma & Andrea Warner
Run Time: 00:45:01 (0 hour, 45 minutes, 01 second)
Download Video – [S3FILE file=”Andrea/Tool-Review-SEO-Tools-For-Excel.mp4″]